Saturday, April 7, 2012

Jesus is Laid in the Tomb

The Fourteenth Station
Jesus is Laid in the Tomb

"And Joseph took the body, and wrapped it in a clean linen shroud, and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn in the rock; and he rolled a great stone to the door of the tomb, and departed. Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were there, sitting opposite the sepulcher."   (St. Matthew 27.59-61)

As my posts come to an end, I have to back track a little as I have just celebrated a wondrous Easter vigil which was truly beautiful! 

Christ being laid in the tomb. For the disciples it was all over. They couldn't understand it. But they were soon to be even more perplexed when they encountered the risen Christ!

Lord, I ask that I may lay my sinful nature in the tomb. That I may die with you and rise to new life in your resurrection.

Let us pray:

In the depths of this mirror a dim light is flickering, it is a light that will soon burst into a flame ...

O my Jesus, you are, as it were, the dead seed being laid in the ground.

This icon proclaims that all is finished ... "consummatem est" ...
On the heights of Mount Tabor, in your Transfiguration, we glimpsed the truth that has pursued us since: how much is concealed from us, both in light and darkness ... things are never quite what they seem and from this moment forth, nothing will be the same again.

I shall continue to gaze into this mirror Lord until I experience your risen presence in my life.

O Jesus, I believe in you, I love you – I wait for your return! Darkness or light, life or death, it matters not ... I will always find you there ... when all else tells me that you have left, I will always find you there. Always!

The birth of a song is stirring in my heart on the edge of this night, on the brink of this darkness, and I know that I shall soon sing, the song of everlasting songs:
Alleluia! Sanctus! Sanctus! Sanctus! Dominus Deus Sabaoth ... Qui erat, Qui est, et Qui venturus est! Alleluia!*
  
By: A Poor Clare Colettine Nun
*Alleluia! Holy! Holy! Holy! The Lord, God of Hosts, Who was, Who is, and Who is to come  (Apocalypse 1.8)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment