Monday, April 2, 2012

Jesus Falls the Third Time

The Ninth Station
Jesus Falls a Third Time

"Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? Look and see if there is any sorrow like my sorrow which was brought upon me, which the LORD inflicted on the day of his fierce anger. "From on high he sent fire; into my bones he made it descend; he spread a net for my feet; he turned me back; he has left me stunned, faint all the day long. "My transgressions were bound into a yoke; by his hand they were fastened together; they were set upon my neck; he caused my strength to fail; the Lord gave me into the hands of those whom I cannot withstand." (Lamentations 1.12-14)

I sat and prayed properly this morning for the first time in a long time. I focused and tried my best to pray earnestly and honestly. Today was a good day spiritually, from what I could tell. I definitely felt a renewal of sorts, a strengthening of faith, an answer to my prayers (and anyone else who has been praying for me (thank you!)). I went for a long walk with friends in Kalk Bay which was really beautiful and just what I needed, then we talked about the Easter Triduum in RCIA tonight which was also really amazing.

As Holy Week starts, what has been coming to light for me (through this blog and through the Mass' leading up to Easter), is the love behind Christ's sacrifice. Just HOW MUCH God loves us.

Also His command to “go out and do the same” Luke 10 vs 37. I read the parable of The Good Samaritan this morning and that is what struck me. The teacher of the law inquires how he can attain eternal life, Jesus poses the question back to him to which the teacher of the law responds, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.”

You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
(Luke 10:25-37)

Amazing. Really powerful. Christ's commands are clear and He witnessed to His teachings best by His giving His life for all mankind.

Christ fell a third time. But He also got up a third time and began His final push toward fulfilling His mission. As Christ begins His final steps toward the cross, this week I feel a renewal as I begin my final preparations for the Easter Triduum. I pray that I may be able to appreciate the magnitude of the events that transpired and that God will fill me with humility and reverence over the Easter period. Already the joy and excitement of Easter is bubbling over into Holy Week and how can it not as we all prepare to celebrate the salvation of mankind!

Praise be to God.

Let us pray:
O, my Jesus, in this mirror of suffering I see you, the Lord of Lord, the King of Kings, prostrate on the ground, exhausted, weighed down by your pain, collapsing under our sins.

In this icon I see your poverty, I see you, the great Shepherd of the sheep, crushed as a sacrificial lamb ...

This is the way in which we, too, must walk before we come to good pastures.

We are all called to walk to our own Calvary; called by our Shepherd into the light of the Resurrection ... beyond the Cross; beyond all tears, all suffering, all sorrow – to the home you have prepared for us from before all time ...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete